Robert Morris beats St. Francis, NY 61-54
NEW YORK (AP)—Jeremy Chappell scored 13 of his 16 points in the second half and Robert Morris held off St. Francis, N.Y. 61-54 on Thursday night.
Rob Robinson added 11 points for Colonials (16-8, 10-1 Northeast Conference).
Ricky Cadell had 20 points for the Terriers (7-15, 5-7), while Jamaal Womack added 10.
Robert Morris opened the second half with a 12-5 run to take a 40-38 with 15:48 to go on Jim Langhurst’s jumper.
St. Francis managed to retake the lead at 45-44 on two free throws by Nigel Byam with 10:06 left. The Colonials took lead for good at 49-47 on two free throws by Gary Wallace with 6:53 to go.
- Osiris Eldridge has style beyond the Missouri Valley
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold