CS Northridge beats Cal State Bakersfield 79-62
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Tremaine Townsend scored 10 of his 14 points during a decisive first-half run as Cal State Northridge defeated Cal State Bakersfield 79-62 Thursday night.
Townsend scored the first eight points for Cal State Northridge (10-10), the final four in a 28-3 run that spanned 9:30. He also made one free throw, one 3-pointer, and capped the run with a putback that put his team ahead 32-17 with 5:40 remaining in the half. He missed the second half with an injured right ankle.
Bakersfield (6-16) led 14-4 early but never got closer than 10 points after the Matadors’ run. The Roadrunners missed 11 of 12 shots in that span and shot 34.5 percent in the game.
Alex Johnson scored 17 points and Santwon Latunde added 14 points and 12 rebounds for Bakersfield.
Therin Taylor scored 13 points for Northridge.
- CS Northridge beats Cal State Bakersfield 79-62
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel