Davidson routs UNC Greensboro 75-54
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Stephen Curry scored 29 points and Davidson beat North Carolina-Greensboro 75-54 on Thursday night to move within one win of matching the longest league winning streak in Southern Conference history.
The nation’s leading scorer, Curry had 18 points at halftime and hit the 20-point mark for the eighth straight game.
Steve Rossiter had 14 points and 13 rebounds, and Andrew Lovedale added 12 points and 10 boards for the Wildcats (20-3, 13-0).
They clinched their fifth straight 20-win season and claimed their 43rd straight victory in SoCon play—the longest active streak of its kind in Division I. With a win against the College of Charleston on Saturday night, they’ll tie the league record set by Jerry West-led West Virginia from 1956-60.
Ben Stywall scored 13 points to lead UNC Greensboro (3-18, 2-10), which lost its sixth straight.
- Davidson routs UNC Greensboro 75-54
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?