Cleveland State beats Illinois-Chicago 66-63
CHICAGO (AP)—Jeremy Montgomery scored 21 points, including a go-ahead 3-pointer with 27 seconds left, to lead Cleveland State to a 66-63 win over Illinois-Chicago on Thursday night.
Cleveland State (16-8, 7-5 Horizon League) trailed the entire second half until the shot from Montgomery, who was 5-for-7 from 3-point range. J’Nathan Bullock sealed the game by making two foul shots with seven seconds left.
Illinois-Chicago (10-12, 3-9) led 48-37 points with just over 16 minutes left, when the Vikings went on an 11-2 run that included five points from Montgomery and four from Norris Cole, who finished with 12 points.
Robo Kreps led the Flames with 19 points. Scott Vandermeer added 13 points and 10 rebounds, Tori Boyd scored 11 points and Josh Mayo, who missed the last game with with a sprained ankle, chipped in 10.
- A clip from 'Two and a half Men' every Kentucky fan will love
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case