Brown’s double-double leads Lamar over UCA, 59-57
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Jay Brown put up 16 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Lamar to a 59-57 win Wednesday night over Central Arkansas.
Lamar (12-9, 3-5 Southland Conference) led by as many as 13 points in the first half, but was up by only 27-24 at intermission.
Neither team had a good shooting night. UCA (9-12, 2-6) made 33 percent of its shots, and Lamar was at 37 percent.
Brandon McThay came off the bench to score 14 points for the Cardinals, while Kenny Dawkins added 12.
Taylor Brooks led the Bears with 18 points. Mitch Rueter was the only other UCA player scoring in double digits, with 12 points.
- Brown's double-double leads Lamar over UCA, 59-57
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look