Brown’s double-double leads Lamar over UCA, 59-57
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Jay Brown put up 16 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead Lamar to a 59-57 win Wednesday night over Central Arkansas.
Lamar (12-9, 3-5 Southland Conference) led by as many as 13 points in the first half, but was up by only 27-24 at intermission.
Neither team had a good shooting night. UCA (9-12, 2-6) made 33 percent of its shots, and Lamar was at 37 percent.
Brandon McThay came off the bench to score 14 points for the Cardinals, while Kenny Dawkins added 12.
Taylor Brooks led the Bears with 18 points. Mitch Rueter was the only other UCA player scoring in double digits, with 12 points.
- Mazzulla's slap of the floor still rings in Duke's ears
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 11 Louisville runs away from Texas Southern 102-71
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60