William & Mary tops Northeastern 68-63
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (AP)—Quinn McDowell scored 19 points and William & Mary beat Northeastern 68-63 on Wednesday night.
William & Mary (7-15, 2-10 Colonial Athletic Association) led by as many as 13 points, 46-33, on two free throws by McDowell with 11:58 left to play.
The Huskies (15-7, 10-2) brought the deficit to 64-61 with 21 seconds to go on a layup by Allen Aragbaye, but it wasn’t enough. William & Mary outscored Northeastern 4-2 the rest of the way.
After leading 28-26 at halftime, the Tribe shot 50 percent from the field in the second half (10 of 20), while Northeastern was 10 of 29 in the period (34.5 percent).
David Schneider added 18 points and four assists for the Tribe.
The Huskies were led by Allen Chaisson with 12 points and Matt Janning and Manny Adako with 10 each.
- William & Mary tops Northeastern 68-63
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown