William & Mary tops Northeastern 68-63
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (AP)—Quinn McDowell scored 19 points and William & Mary beat Northeastern 68-63 on Wednesday night.
William & Mary (7-15, 2-10 Colonial Athletic Association) led by as many as 13 points, 46-33, on two free throws by McDowell with 11:58 left to play.
The Huskies (15-7, 10-2) brought the deficit to 64-61 with 21 seconds to go on a layup by Allen Aragbaye, but it wasn’t enough. William & Mary outscored Northeastern 4-2 the rest of the way.
After leading 28-26 at halftime, the Tribe shot 50 percent from the field in the second half (10 of 20), while Northeastern was 10 of 29 in the period (34.5 percent).
David Schneider added 18 points and four assists for the Tribe.
The Huskies were led by Allen Chaisson with 12 points and Matt Janning and Manny Adako with 10 each.
- Extra John Wall Onions: Now supposedly down to two schools
- SoCon officials delay decision on moving championships
- Sixteen-team PK80 tournament set for next year in Portland
- South Carolina won't bid for North Carolina NCAA games
- Kevin Love makes big donation to UCLA basketball facility
- Iowa's Big 4 classic extended through 2019