Illinois State beats Southern Illinois 60-57 in OT
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Champ Oguchi scored 15 points, including seven in extra time, to lead Illinois State to a 60-57 overtime win over Southern Illinois on Wednesday night.
Lloyd Phillips had 11 points and Emmanuel Holloway and Osiris Eldridge each added 10 points for Illinois State (19-4, 8-4 Missouri Valley), which came back from a 25-17 halftime deficit.
Phillips scored the last five points of regulation, including a layup and three free throws, to tie the game at 49. The Salukis’ Justin Bocot missed a 3-pointer with three seconds left in overtime.
Southern Illinois (10-13, 5-7) played without star Bryan Mullins, who is out indefinitely with a stress fracture in his right foot.
Kevin Dillard led Southern Illinois with 20 points. Carlton Fay added 10 points.
Illinois State beat Southern Illinois 70-63 when the teams last met on Jan. 24.
- Lighty helps Ohio State top No. 13 Wisconsin 60-51
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home