Nicholls State tops Stephen F. Austin 57-50
THIBODAUX, La. (AP)—Anatoly Bose scored 23 points to lead the Nicholls State Colonels to a 57-50 victory over Stephen F. Austin on Wednesday night.
Bose also grabbed 10 rebounds, and was 10-for-10 from the free-throw line. Ryan Bathie added 14 points for the Colonels (13-8, 6-2 Southland Conference).
After trailing 21-20 at halftime, Nicholls State used a 12-4 run in the second half to take a 38-29 lead with 7:06 remaining. During the run, the Lumberjacks went scoreless for six minutes.
The Lumberjacks (14-6, 6-2) were paced by Matt Kingsley, who had 17 points and 11 rebounds. Nick Shaw added 14 points.
Nicholls State outrebounded Stephen F. Austin 27-23. They also shot 40.5 percent from the field (17-for-42).
The Lumberjacks shot 39.6 percent (19-for-48), and 18.8 percent from 3-point range (3-for-16).
- Chris Lowery goes from coveted coaching candidate to out of work
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne