McNeese State beats Northwestern State 81-75
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP)—John Pichon scored 25 points and McNeese State beat Northwestern State 81-75 on Wednesday night.
Pichon, who was one point short of his career best, shot 8-for-11 in the first half and finished 11-for-15 from the field.
Kleon Penn added 14 points and 10 rebounds for his second-straight double-double and Stephan Martin scored 14 points for McNeese State (8-12, 2-5 Southland Conference).
The Cowboys led by as many as 75-55 with just over five minutes left in the game.
McNeese State shot 54.4 percent from the field (31 of 57), while the Demons (9-13, 1-6) shot 34.1 percent (28 of 82).
Keithan Hancock led Northwestern State with 17 points and Michael McConathy and Damon Jones added 12 each.
The win snapped a four game losing streak by the Cowboys.
- McNeese State beats Northwestern State 81-75
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game