McNeese State beats Northwestern State 81-75
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP)—John Pichon scored 25 points and McNeese State beat Northwestern State 81-75 on Wednesday night.
Pichon, who was one point short of his career best, shot 8-for-11 in the first half and finished 11-for-15 from the field.
Kleon Penn added 14 points and 10 rebounds for his second-straight double-double and Stephan Martin scored 14 points for McNeese State (8-12, 2-5 Southland Conference).
The Cowboys led by as many as 75-55 with just over five minutes left in the game.
McNeese State shot 54.4 percent from the field (31 of 57), while the Demons (9-13, 1-6) shot 34.1 percent (28 of 82).
Keithan Hancock led Northwestern State with 17 points and Michael McConathy and Damon Jones added 12 each.
The win snapped a four game losing streak by the Cowboys.
- Whatever happened to Harold Miner, the original 'Baby Jordan'?
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner