Tulsa beats Marshall 73-57
HUNTINGTON, W.V. (AP)—Justin Hurtt scored 19 points as Tulsa defeated Marshall 73-57 on Wednesday night.
Ray Reese added 17 points for the Golden Hurricane (16-7, 6-2 Conference USA), who have now won four straight. Ben Uzoh finished with 12 points and six rebounds, and Glenn Andrews chipped in with 10 points.
Reese’s 3-pointer with 13:03 remaining in the first half capped a 12-2 Tulsa run, giving it an early 20-7 lead. But Marshall (9-13, 2-6) responded with a 9-0 run, and trailed 34-30 at the half.
An 11-2 run by Tulsa in the second half gave it a 45-35 lead with 13:58 left on the clock. The Golden Hurricane later used a 10-1 run to go up 65-43 with 5:46 remaining.
The Thundering Herd were led by Tirrell Baines, who had 10 points and five rebounds.
- Tulsa beats Marshall 73-57
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2