East Carolina tops Southern Mississippi 82-79
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Darius Morrow scored 10 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in East Carolina’s 82-79 win over Southern Mississippi on Wednesday night.
The Pirates (11-10, 3-4 Conference USA) shot 12 of 29 from 3-point range (41.4 percent), including a 7 of 17 performance in the first half. East Carolina led 41-31 at halftime, and held on despite the Golden Eagles (13-8, 3-5) shooting 64.3 percent from the field in the second half (18 of 28).
Brock Young paced the Pirates with 17 points, followed by Sean Hinnant and James Legan with 14 each. Legan was 4 of 10 from behind the 3-point arc.
Courtney Beasley led the Golden Eagles with 23 points and 13 rebounds. Craig Craft also had a double-double for Southern Miss, scoring 14 points and grabbing 10 boards. R.L. Horton and Jeremy Wise chipped in 18 and 16 points, respectively for the Golden Eagles.
- What did Juan Pattillo do? And why can't we know?
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims