East Carolina tops Southern Mississippi 82-79
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Darius Morrow scored 10 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in East Carolina’s 82-79 win over Southern Mississippi on Wednesday night.
The Pirates (11-10, 3-4 Conference USA) shot 12 of 29 from 3-point range (41.4 percent), including a 7 of 17 performance in the first half. East Carolina led 41-31 at halftime, and held on despite the Golden Eagles (13-8, 3-5) shooting 64.3 percent from the field in the second half (18 of 28).
Brock Young paced the Pirates with 17 points, followed by Sean Hinnant and James Legan with 14 each. Legan was 4 of 10 from behind the 3-point arc.
Courtney Beasley led the Golden Eagles with 23 points and 13 rebounds. Craig Craft also had a double-double for Southern Miss, scoring 14 points and grabbing 10 boards. R.L. Horton and Jeremy Wise chipped in 18 and 16 points, respectively for the Golden Eagles.
- East Carolina tops Southern Mississippi 82-79
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four