Houston beats UCF 97-69
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Aubrey Coleman notched a double-double, scoring 30 points and grabbing 10 boards, to help Houston rout Central Florida 97-69 on Wednesday night.
Coleman was one of four Cougars (13-7, 4-3 Conference USA) in double figure scoring, as Qa’rraan Calhoun had 18, Kelvin Lewis 17 and Marcus Cousin 10.
Calhoun was also 3-for-3 from beyond the arc, dished out three assists and tallied two blocks. Coleman added five assists and three steals.
Jermaine Taylor led the Knights (15-7, 5-3) with 26 points, while Tony Davis scored 20 and grabbed 13 rebounds.
The Cougars led by as many as 20 points in the first half, and were up 43-28 at halftime.
Houston hit 26 of 28 free throws en route to victory compared to the Knights, who made just 13 of 20 from the line.
It was the worst home loss for UCF since Ohio defeated them 94-66 on December 28, 1998.
- Houston beats UCF 97-69
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2