Delaney’s triple-double helps UAB top Tulane 81-61
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Paul Delaney III had a triple-double and Lawrence Kinnard posted his league-leading 10th double-double in Alabama-Birmingham’s 81-61 victory over Tulane on Wednesday night.
Delaney had 16 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists while Kinnard had 24 points and 10 rebounds for the Blazers (15-8, 5-3 Conference USA). All five UAB starters were in double figures.
UAB jumped out to a 23-11 lead, but had only a 38-34 margin at halftime. The Blazers opened the second half with a 12-4 run to pull away.
The Green Wave (9-12, 3-5) drew within seven with 8:38 left, but UAB had an 8-0 spurt over the next 2:30.
The Blazers, who have won five of their last six, outrebounded Tulane 33-22.
Robert Vaden added 12 points for UAB, while Howard Crawford had 11 and Channing Toney scored 10.
Robinson Louisme and Kris Richard scored 15 apiece for Tulane.
- Bob Knight would really prefer we discuss ice skating
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school