Delaney’s triple-double helps UAB top Tulane 81-61
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Paul Delaney III had a triple-double and Lawrence Kinnard posted his league-leading 10th double-double in Alabama-Birmingham’s 81-61 victory over Tulane on Wednesday night.
Delaney had 16 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists while Kinnard had 24 points and 10 rebounds for the Blazers (15-8, 5-3 Conference USA). All five UAB starters were in double figures.
UAB jumped out to a 23-11 lead, but had only a 38-34 margin at halftime. The Blazers opened the second half with a 12-4 run to pull away.
The Green Wave (9-12, 3-5) drew within seven with 8:38 left, but UAB had an 8-0 spurt over the next 2:30.
The Blazers, who have won five of their last six, outrebounded Tulane 33-22.
Robert Vaden added 12 points for UAB, while Howard Crawford had 11 and Channing Toney scored 10.
Robinson Louisme and Kris Richard scored 15 apiece for Tulane.
- Delaney's triple-double helps UAB top Tulane 81-61
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four