American U. beats Army 58-34
WASHINGTON (AP)—Nick Hendra scored 14 points and added seven rebounds to lead American University in a 58-34 win over Army on Wednesday night.
The win is the Eagles’ (14-7, 6-1 Patriot League) ninth in the past 10 games and ties them with Holy Cross for first place in the conference.
The loss snaps a three-game winning streak for the Black Knights (7-14, 3-4), who have never won four consecutive Patriot League Games.
Hendra, who was averaging 5.6 points per game coming into the contest, came off the bench and shot 6-for-11 from the field and 2-for-4 from beyond the arc.
Derrick Mercer added 13 points with eight rebounds and five assists for the Eagles, and has now scored in double-figures in seven of American’s last eight games.
Cleveland Richard led Army with nine points.
American shot 7-for-18 from 3-point range, and outrebounded Army 38-19.
- American U. beats Army 58-34
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- Arizona team breakdown