Spain’s late 3 lifts SD State past UNLV in OT
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Kyle Spain scored eight of his 17 points in overtime as San Diego State edged UNLV 68-66 Tuesday.
UNLV (17-5, 5-3 Mountain West) trailed by one when Spain hit a 3-pointer with 1:35 left in overtime to extend the Aztecs’ lead to 67-63. The Rebels answered with a 3 from Joe Darger and had a chance to win before Wink Adams missed a 3-point attempt at the buzzer.
San Diego State (16-5, 6-2) led by as many as 10 points in the first half and carried a 30-28 lead into halftime.
The Rebels trailed for most of the second half and were tied 56-56 with 2:19 left in regulation. Adams’ free throw with 31.2 seconds gave UNLV a 59-58 lead, but Billy White made a free throw with 12.7 seconds to force the overtime.
White had 12 points and seven rebounds.
Adams led UNLV with 16 points.
- Spain's late 3 lifts SD State past UNLV in OT
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look