Stony Brook defeats Maine 70-59
ORONO, Maine (AP))—Muhammad El-Amin scored 22 points and Demetrius Young added 17 as Stony Brook pulled away from Maine at the end of the first half en route to a 70-59 victory Tuesday night in America East.
After Maine scored seven straight points to take a 24-23 lead, Stony Brook (13-10, 5-5) went on a 14-5 run to close the half, and Maine (8-15, 3-7) never got closer than six again.
El-Amin, who had 16 points in the first half, hit one of his four 3-pointers in the half to put the Seawolves ahead 28-24, and Young scored the last nine points of the spurt for a 37-29 lead. The margin reached 55-41 before Maine pulled within six with 4:26 left, but the Black Bears could get no closer.
Sean McNally led Maine with 15 points and Gerald McLemore added 14.
- The Louisville-Morehead State game summed up in two pictures
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics