Mississippi State dominates Kentucky 66-57
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP)—Phil Turner scored a career-high 18 points to lead four Mississippi State players in double figures as the Bulldogs handed Kentucky its third straight loss, 66-57, on Tuesday.
Ravern Johnson added 17 points, Barry Stewart scored 13 and Dee Bost had 10 points and four assists as the Bulldogs (15-7, 5-2 Southeastern Conference) won at Rupp Arena for the first time in 14 years.
Jodie Meeks scored 15 points and Patrick Patterson added 15 points and nine rebounds for the Wildcats (16-7, 5-3), who never led and struggled to find offensive rhythm against Mississippi State’s quick four-guard lineup and center Jarvis Varnado.
The reigning SEC Defensive Player of the Year shook off foul trouble to finish with six points, 12 rebounds and seven blocks as the Bulldogs held Kentucky to 36 percent shooting from the floor.
- Mississippi State dominates Kentucky 66-57
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team