George Mason defeats Hofstra 78-54
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP)—John Vaughan and Ryan Pearson scored 16 points apiece as George Mason remained perfect at home with a 78-54 win over Hofstra on Tuesday night.
The Patriots (16-6, 9-3 Colonial Athletic Association) were coming off a stretch in which they had lost three of their last four games—with each of the losses coming on the road. They jumped out to a 39-21 halftime lead and cruised to their 13th straight win at home, including 11-0 this season.
The Pride (14-9, 6-6) was held to 28.8-percent shooting (19 of 66). Hofstra’s top three scorers coming into the game, Charles Jenkins, Cornelius Vines and Tony Dennison, were limited to a combined 36 points on 11-of-49 shooting.
George Mason, which shot 49 percent from the field (25 of 51), ensured its 11th straight winning season and has won its last three home games by an average of 20.3 points per game.
- Carlos Medlock's 20 points leads E. Michigan over Toledo 68-44
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina