Siena 74, St. Peter’s 63
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP)—Kenny Hasbrouck scored 33 points to lead Siena to a 74-63 win over St. Peter’s Monday night.
Alex Franklin added 15 points for the Saints (18-5, 12-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference).
Siena jumped to a 7-0 lead, but St. Peter’s (6-16, 3-9 MAAC) went on a 14-2 run to take a 14-9 lead midway through the first half. Nick Leon had two 3-pointers during the run. He wound up with 16 points for the Peacocks.
Hasbrouck then took over. He scored all but two points in a 13-0 run that put the Saints up for good 31-22. They led 43-32 at intermission, and St. Peter’s never cut the margin to less than nine points in the second half.
Hasbrouck shot 11 for 19 from the field, including 4 of 7 from 3-point range, and was 7 of 8 from the free throw line. Ryan Rossiter had a game-high 10 rebounds for the Saints.
Wesley Jenkins led the Peacocks with 18 points.
- Siena 74, St. Peter's 63
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2