O’Brien’s career-high 25 points pace Boston win
CATONSVILLE, Md. (AP)—Jake O’Brien scored 17 of his career-high 25 points in the second half and Boston University defeated Maryland-Baltimore County 82-65 on Monday night for its sixth straight victory.
John Holland had 22 points and Scott Brittain 16 for the Terriers (12-9, 7-2 America East Conference).
Darryl Proctor had 18 points and nine rebounds, and Jay Greene added 17 points for UMBC (9-13, 9-7), which has lost four of six.
UMBC’s Chauncey Gilliam was ejected for a flagrant foul against Matt Wolfe with 4:14 remaining. Referees determined that Gilliam had dropped Wolfe with a shot below the belt after a Proctor free throw.
An 18-0 first-half run by the Terriers erased the Retrievers’ early 14-6 lead for good. O’Brien had six points during the burst, including the final three points on a trio of free throws after being fouled on a 3-point attempt.
- Balanced UNC blows out Maryland 85-69 in ACC
- Texas basketball coach Smart gets raise, contract extension
- Alabama signs Southern Illinois grad transfer Olaniyan
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Maryland-North Carolina Preview
- Former Michigan State star Appling arrested in Detroit
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team