Howard beats Norfolk State 68-62
WASHINGTON (AP)—Eugene Myatt scored seven of his 26 points in a key second-half run, and Howard held on for a 68-62 victory over Norfolk State on Monday night.
Randy Hampton scored 13 points and Curtis White had eight assists for the Bison (5-16, 3-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who won their fourth consecutive home game.
Michael Deloach had 18 points, while Brandon Monroe scored 12 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Spartans (7-12, 5-3), who saw their five-game win streak snapped.
Myatt hit three field goals to help the Bison open the second half on a 14-2 run, including a 3-pointer which pushed the lead to 45-37. Five minutes later, Riley’s third 3 of the game stretched it to 51-41 with 11:12 to play.
The Spartans cut it to 61-57 on consecutive layups from Aleek Pauline, but were held to just one field goal during the final 4:31 and never got closer.
- Howard beats Norfolk State 68-62
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look