FDU tops Lafayette 71-68
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP)—Tyler Cameron converted four free throws and John Galvin two in the final minute as Fairleigh Dickinson topped Lafayette 71-68 Monday night.
The foul shots came after Lafayette (6-16) took a 66-65 lead on a layup by Jeff Kari. Galvin was fouled on FDU’s next possession and converted both free throws to give FDU (5-17) a 67-66 lead.
After a missed layup by Lafayette, Cameron was fouled and made it 69-66. A layup by the Leopards’ Andrew Brown made it a one-point game again before Cameron was fouled with 14 seconds left and made both to provide the winning margin. Lafayette had a chance to tie with one second remaining, but Brown’s 3-point attempt hit the rim and didn’t fall.
FDU’s Sean Baptiste had 18 points to lead all scorers.
Brown and Jared Mintz had 15 points apiece for Lafayette. Kari scored 13.
- FDU tops Lafayette 71-68
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four