Evans scores 22, WKU tops Arkansas St. 68-63
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP)—Jeremy Evans scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds Monday night as Western Kentucky beat Arkansas State 68-63.
Arkansas State (13-8, 5-5 Sun Belt Conference) led 40-33 at the half after hitting 9-of-11 from beyond the 3-point arc. But only 1-of-4 long-distance shots fell for the Red Wolves in the second half, and they missed all seven of their free throws after intermission.
A.J. Slaughter and Orlando Mendez-Valdez added 13 points each for the Hilltoppers (15-7, 9-2).
Donald Boone led the Wolves with 15 points. Shawn Morgan added 11 points, and Daniel Bryant scored 10.
- Evans scores 22, WKU tops Arkansas St. 68-63
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0