S. Dakota St. beats Oakland, Mich. 74-68 in OT
BROOKINGS, S.D. (AP)—Anthony Cordova scored four of his 15 points in overtime as South Dakota State rallied from an 11-point halftime deficit to beat Oakland University 74-68 Saturday in the Summit League.
SDSU (10-13, 5-6) trailed 35-24 after a poor shooting first half. But the Jackrabbits shot 46 percent and went 6-for-13 from 3-point range in the second half to force overtime.
Oakland (13-11, 6-5) had a chance to win the game with 7 seconds to play. Johnathon Jones scored on a layup to tie it at 64-all and was fouled by Clint Sargent. Jones missed the free throw and Sargent missed a jumper at the buzzer, sending the game into overtime.
Cordova scored the first four points of overtime and SDSU never trailed.
Sargent finished with 17 points, Kai Williams had 15 points and 17 rebounds and Griffan Callahan added 13 points for SDSU.
The Golden Grizzlies got 18 points and 15 rebounds from Keith Benson, 17 points from Erik Kangas and 15 from Jones.
- Westbrook leads Minnesota past Wisconsin 51-46
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home