Campbell rolls past Kennesaw State 87-44
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Kyle Vejraska scored 18 points to lead Campbell to an 87-44 victory over Kennesaw State on Saturday, the Camels’ largest margin of victory against a Division I opponent.
The 43-point win also is Campbell’s largest margin of victory against an Atlantic Sun Conference team and the most decisive road win since the Camels joined Division I in 1977-78.
Leading 40-25 at halftime, Campbell (9-12, 6-6) outscored the Owls 31-7 to start the second half.
The Camels were 12 of 22 from the 3-point line (54.4 percent) and Kennesaw State hit only 15 of 52 shots from the field (28.8 percent).
The Owls (6-14, 2-9), who have lost 12 of their past 13 games, were 9 of 21 from the free-throw line (42.9 percent).
Jonathan Rodriguez added 13 points and 15 rebounds and Amir Celestin had 11 points for Campbell.
John Allison led Kennesaw State with 11 points.
- Campbell rolls past Kennesaw State 87-44
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?