Sacred Heart defeats Cent. Connecticut 77-69
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—Joe Henley scored 16 points and had 10 rebounds as Sacred Heart beat Central Connecticut State 77-69 on Saturday.
The win was the fourth straight victory in Northeast Conference action for Sacred Heart (9-11, 6-4 NEC).
Ryan Litke added 15 points, Corey Hassan had 13 and Shane Gibson came off the bench for 11 for the Pioneers. Starters Ryon Howard and Chauncey Hardy each added 10 points for Sacred Heart, which led the entire second half after taking a 34-28 edge at the break.
Ken Horton scored 18 points to lead Central Connecticut State (10-10, 6-4) and Shemik Thompson added 16. Marcus Palmer also tallied in double figures with 14 points.
The Pioneers led at the half behind eight points apiece from Henley and Gibson. Palmer and Horton scored 21 of the Blue Devils’ 28 points in the half.
- Long shots again: Cleveland St faces Wake Forest
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot