Quinnipiac beats Long Island U 69-63
HAMDEN, Conn. (AP)—Justin Rutty and Bryan Geffen scored 16 points each to lead Quinnipiac over Long Island University 69-63 on Saturday.
The victory snapped a four-game losing streak for the Bobcats (9-12, 5-6 NEC).
Julian Boyd led Long Island (10-11, 6-4) with 18 points and Aurimas Adomaitis added 16.
Trailing 54-52 with just under four minutes to play, the Bobcats got eight points from Rutty in a 9-1 run to take control of the contest. Rutty finished with 14 rebounds.
Long Island scored the first 10 points of the game, but Quinnipiac rallied to tie the contest at 26 late in the first half and took a 31-28 lead into intermission.
The physical game featured 48 fouls. Quinnipiac was 24 for 33 from the line while Long Island was 23 for 31.
- Hayes lifts Maryland past Wolfpack, 74-69
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament