Radford knocks off Gardner-Webb 76-57
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Kenny Thomas scored 19 points to lead Radford to a 76-57 win over Gardner-Webb on Saturday night.
The Highlanders (11-10, 8-2 Big South Conference), who went 7-1 in January, hit 12 of their first 17 shots of the second half on their way to shooting 64 percent (16 of 25). Radford also held the Bulldogs (10-11, 6-5) to seven second-half field goals.
Radford, which has won five consecutive road games, is off to its best start in Big South play since going 12-2 in 2000-01.
Gardner-Webb led 31-29 at halftime before Thomas scored six straight points to help Radford go on a 15-2 run.
Artsiom Parakhouski had 16 points, nine rebounds and five blocks, Chris McEachin scored 15 points and Joey Lynch-Flohr added 12 points for Radford.
Aaron Linn scored 14 and Auryn MacMillan added 11 points for Gardner-Webb. Joshua Henley had 10 rebounds.
- Radford knocks off Gardner-Webb 76-57
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0