Radford knocks off Gardner-Webb 76-57
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Kenny Thomas scored 19 points to lead Radford to a 76-57 win over Gardner-Webb on Saturday night.
The Highlanders (11-10, 8-2 Big South Conference), who went 7-1 in January, hit 12 of their first 17 shots of the second half on their way to shooting 64 percent (16 of 25). Radford also held the Bulldogs (10-11, 6-5) to seven second-half field goals.
Radford, which has won five consecutive road games, is off to its best start in Big South play since going 12-2 in 2000-01.
Gardner-Webb led 31-29 at halftime before Thomas scored six straight points to help Radford go on a 15-2 run.
Artsiom Parakhouski had 16 points, nine rebounds and five blocks, Chris McEachin scored 15 points and Joey Lynch-Flohr added 12 points for Radford.
Aaron Linn scored 14 and Auryn MacMillan added 11 points for Gardner-Webb. Joshua Henley had 10 rebounds.
- Tom Izzo's return marred by spat with a Detroit columnist
- Top 3 NCAA Tourney Gaffes...in Legos
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does 2017 North Carolina rank among Roy Williams' best teams at UNC?
- North Carolina lawmakers agree to repeal HB2 right before NCAA deadline, but new bill isn't full reversal
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year