James hits winner for Wisconsin-Milwaukee
MILWAUKEE (AP)—Deion James hit a 3-pointer with a second left on the clock to give Wisconsin-Milwaukee a 63-62 victory over Illinois-Chicago on Saturday.
The Panthers (14-8, 9-3 Horizon League) trailed by 10 with 1:27 left in the game, but went on a 9-1 run on a pair of 3-pointers from Tone Boyle and another 3 by Tony Meier to cut the Flames’ lead to two with 43 seconds left.
Boyle missed a potential game-tying jumper with eight seconds left, but James came back to hit the game-winning shot.
Boyle and Meier scored 17 points each to lead the Panthers, who trailed 35-21 at halftime.
Tori Boyd scored 23 to lead the Flames (10-11, 3-8), who lost at Wisconsin-Green Bay on Wednesday.
- Christmas in August for Syracuse (Sorry, couldn't resist)
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78