Western Carolina defeats Wofford 77-65
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP)—Brandon Giles scored 16 points to lead Western Carolina to a 77-65 win over Wofford on Saturday night.
Harouna Mutombo added 14 for the Catamounts (11-9, 6-4 Southern Conference), while Jake Robinson chipped in with 12.
Western Carolina used an 11-2 run in the final minutes of the first half to take a 41-30 lead with 1:54 remaining, later claiming 43-34 advantage at halftime.
In the second half, Mutombo’s jumper with 11:50 left gave the Catamounts a 15-point lead at 59-44—their largest lead of the game. The Terriers (9-10, 5-5) failed to get any closer than five points.
Wofford was led by Noah Dahlman, who scored 18. Junior Salter added 14 points and six rebounds.
Western Carolina shot only 41.2 percent from the free-throw line (7-for-17), but shot an impressive 60.8 percent from the field (31-for-51).
- A Marist lawsuit could have big ramifications for college hoops
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team