Stetson holds off Lipscomb 85-81 in OT
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Garfield Blair scored nine of his 26 points in overtime to lead Stetson to an 85-81 victory over Lipscomb on Saturday night.
Blair also had 10 rebounds for the Hatters (9-11, 6-6 Atlantic Sun Conference), who snapped their three-game losing streak.
Stetson pulled ahead by seven points and went 12 of 14 from the free-throw line in overtime.
Lipscomb (8-12, 4-7) cut the lead to 81-78 on Michael Lusk’s free throws with 22 seconds left, but A.J. Smith hit two free throws to push the advantage to 83-78 with 18 seconds remaining.
Lusk, who led Lipscomb with 22 points, came back with a 3-pointer, but Blair sealed it with two free throws with 5 seconds left.
Smith also scored nine in overtime, finishing with 22 points. Kris Thomas added 14 for Stetson.
Adnan Hodzic scored 17 points and Josh Slater had 14 and nine rebounds for Lipscomb.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner