Stetson holds off Lipscomb 85-81 in OT
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Garfield Blair scored nine of his 26 points in overtime to lead Stetson to an 85-81 victory over Lipscomb on Saturday night.
Blair also had 10 rebounds for the Hatters (9-11, 6-6 Atlantic Sun Conference), who snapped their three-game losing streak.
Stetson pulled ahead by seven points and went 12 of 14 from the free-throw line in overtime.
Lipscomb (8-12, 4-7) cut the lead to 81-78 on Michael Lusk’s free throws with 22 seconds left, but A.J. Smith hit two free throws to push the advantage to 83-78 with 18 seconds remaining.
Lusk, who led Lipscomb with 22 points, came back with a 3-pointer, but Blair sealed it with two free throws with 5 seconds left.
Smith also scored nine in overtime, finishing with 22 points. Kris Thomas added 14 for Stetson.
Adnan Hodzic scored 17 points and Josh Slater had 14 and nine rebounds for Lipscomb.
- Stetson holds off Lipscomb 85-81 in OT
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four