Adams hits FTs as SFA holds off McNeese St., 43-41
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Girod Adams hit two free throws in the final seconds and Stephen F. Austin held on for a 43-41 win over McNeese State in a game plagued by poor shooting Saturday night.
After Josh Alexander’s fast-break lay-up with 29 seconds to play, the Lumberjacks (14-5, 6-1 Southland) led 41-38.
McNeese (7-12, 1-5) closed the game to 41-40 on a layup with 19 seconds left. Adams was fouled on the subsequent possession and hit both free shots.
Patrick Richard hit the front end of his one-at-one at the other end for McNeese. He intentionally missed the second, and Alexander grabbed his 11th rebound with 3 seconds left, sealing the win for the Lumberjacks.
Both teams shot under 35 percent from the field.
- Adams hits FTs as SFA holds off McNeese St., 43-41
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy