South Alabama beats New Orleans 56-53
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—DeAndre Coleman scored 16 points and Brandon Davis tallied a double-double to lead South Alabama to a 56-53 win over New Orleans on Saturday.
Davis scored 13 points and grabbed 16 rebounds for the Jaguars (12-10, 5-6 Sun Belt Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Destin Damachoua led the Privateers (9-13, 4-7) with 25 points, shooting 4 of 8 from beyond the arc. Kyndall Dykes added 11 points and Jaroslav Tyrna pulled down 12 boards.
New Orleans outshot South Alabama, hitting 42.9 percent from the floor (21 of 49) compared to just 30 percent (18 of 60). But the Jaguars hit 16 of 24 free throws, while the Privateers went just 7-for-13 from the line.
- South Alabama beats New Orleans 56-53
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Ill-advised shots, empty possessions fuel Arizona's stunning late collapse
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0