Davidson defeats Samford 55-52
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Stephen Curry scored 20 points to lead Davidson to a 55-52 victory over Samford on Saturday.
Curry shot 6-for-20 from the field, including only 2-for-11 from 3-point range. But he shot 6-for-6 from the free-throw line and added four assists.
Andrew Lovedale chipped in with 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Wildcats (18-3, 11-0 Southern Conference).
Davidson shooting 29.6 percent (8-for-27) and Samford shooting 26.9 percent (7-for-26) in the first half. Davidson went into halftime with a 27-22 lead.
The Wildcats continued their poor shooting in the second half, shooting only 35.5 percent (11-for-31). But they capitalized on their trips to the free-throw line, shooting 92.9 percent (13-for-14).
The Bulldogs (11-10, 6-6) were led by Curtis West, who scored 13. Trey Montgomery added 10.
- Davidson defeats Samford 55-52
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook