Sam Houston cruises past A&M-Corpus Christi, 72-51
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Preston Brown scored 21 points and Ashton Mitchell had 11 points and eight assists in Sam Houston State’s 72-51 victory against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Saturday.
Brown put the Bearkats (11-8, 5-1 Southland) ahead for good at 23-21 on a jumper with 6:38 remaining in the first half.
The second half was scoreless until the 16:58 mark, when Mitchell hit a 3-pointer to give Sam Houston its first double-digit lead at 36-26.
Kevin Palmer had 15 points to finish as the only double-digit scorer for the Islanders (11-10, 5-1). Justin Reynolds had 12 rebounds.
- The 47 NCAA basketball teams that won't be dancing this March
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold