Bowling Green tops NIU 69-61
DEKALB, Ill. (AP)—Nate Miller scored 15 points and grabbed a game-high nine rebounds to lead Bowling Green to a 69-61 victory over Northern Illinois on Saturday.
Northern Illinois (6-13, 2-5 Mid-American Conference) played without scoring and rebounding star Darion Anderson and guard Jeremy Landers. Both players were indefinitely suspended before the game for violating team rules.
Bowling Green (11-9, 4-3 Mid-American Conference) trailed 35-34 going into half time, but returned from the break to outscore NIU 35-26 in the second period.
Darryl Clements had 12 points and Otis Polk added ten points for Bowling Green.
Mike Dinunno led Northern Illinois with 15 points. Sean Kowal had 12 points.
Bowling Green led by as many as 11 points in the second period. Northern Illinois led by as many as seven points in the first.
- A women's basketball post, but probably not the one you wanted
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals