Northeastern downs Delaware, 73-59
BOSTON (AP)—Matt Janning scored 19 points and Manny Adako added 17 in Northeastern’s 73-59 win over Delaware on Saturday.
Chaisson Allen hit 12 points, nine rebounds and five assists as Northeastern (15-6, 10-1 Colonial Athletic Association) won its ninth game in 10 tries.
Marc Egerson led Delaware (9-14, 3-8 CAA) with 26 points on 10-of-15 shooting and had a team-high eight rebounds. Alphonso Dawson scored 12 points for the Blue Hens.
Up 39-31 with 15:40 to play, Northeastern scored 12 unanswered over the next three minutes.
Northeastern closed out the first half on a 13-2 run, highlighted an acrobatic three-point play from Janning. Falling out of bounds, Janning floated the ball over the backboard and into the net as he was being fouled.
- Northeastern downs Delaware, 73-59
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself