Northeastern downs Delaware, 73-59
BOSTON (AP)—Matt Janning scored 19 points and Manny Adako added 17 in Northeastern’s 73-59 win over Delaware on Saturday.
Chaisson Allen hit 12 points, nine rebounds and five assists as Northeastern (15-6, 10-1 Colonial Athletic Association) won its ninth game in 10 tries.
Marc Egerson led Delaware (9-14, 3-8 CAA) with 26 points on 10-of-15 shooting and had a team-high eight rebounds. Alphonso Dawson scored 12 points for the Blue Hens.
Up 39-31 with 15:40 to play, Northeastern scored 12 unanswered over the next three minutes.
Northeastern closed out the first half on a 13-2 run, highlighted an acrobatic three-point play from Janning. Falling out of bounds, Janning floated the ball over the backboard and into the net as he was being fouled.
- President Obama interrupts Geno Auriemma's news conference
- Syracuse dominates Florida State 85-72
- Clark, Davis help UMass knock VCU out of first, 69-63
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77