Wagner 51, Mount St. Mary’s, Md. 65
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP)—Jeremy Goode scored 17 points and Mount St. Mary’s defeated Wagner 65-51 on Saturday.
Jean Cajou added 14 points and Kelly Beidler finished with 11 points and 13 rebounds for Mount St. Mary’s (13-9, 8-3 Northeast Conference), who extended its winning streak to eight games—its longest in 13 years.
Jamal Smith scored 12 points and Llewchean Radford had 11 for Wagner (10-11, 3-8), which has lost five in a row.
The Mountaineers led the entire the game, but the Seahawks stayed close for much of the contest. The Seahawks were within 22-20 with four minutes left in the first half before Mount St. Mary’s used an 11-4 run to take a 35-29 lead at halftime.
Goode powered a 14-4 run and opened the second half with a 3-pointer, a follow shot and three free throws as the Mountaineers pulled out to a 49-33 lead.
- Wagner 51, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 65
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game