UAB beats Marshall 75-73 in OT
HUNTINGTON, W.V. (AP)—Paul Delaney III scored 19 points to lead Alabama-Birmingham to a 75-73 overtime win against Marshall on Saturday night.
Robert Vaden added 18 points for the Blazers (14-8, 4-3 Conference USA), who have won four of their last five games. Lawrence Kinnard finished with 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Channing Toney had 12 points.
UAB trailed 69-66 when Kinnard hit a 3-pointer with 29 seconds remaining in regulation to tie the game and force overtime. In the extra period, Delaney made a layup to push the Blazers’ lead to 75-71 with 2:25 remaining. Tyler Wilkerson responded with a layup to cut the lead down to two points, but neither team scored in the final two minutes of the game.
Markel Humphrey missed a 3-point attempt at the buzzer.
The Thundering Herd (9-12, 2-5) were led by Humphrey, who scored 20 points on 8 of 10 shooting.
- UAB beats Marshall 75-73 in OT
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four