Nevada beats Idaho 69-65
MOSCOW, Idaho (AP)—Nevada outscored Idaho 13-4 in the final 4:16 to come from behind and notch a 69-65 Western Athletic Conference victory Saturday night.
The Vandals (10-11, 4-4) led 61-56 after Brandon Wiley’s layup with 4:42 left before the Wolf Pack (13-8, 6-2) started their comeback.
Luke Babbitt’s 3-pointer with 4:16 to go started Nevada’s 13-4 run. With 1:57 left, the Wolf Pack went ahead to stay 65-63 on a putback by Dario Hunt.
Babbitt finished with 24 points and 10 rebounds for Nevada, which was in control for most of the game, but was never able to break away from Idaho. Joey Shaw had 15 points and Armon Johnson added 10 for the Wolf Pack.
Idaho’s top scorers were Mac Hopson, with 19 points, and Trevor Morris, with 13, including four 3-pointers.
Nevada outrebounded Idaho 44-32.
Idaho beat Nevada 78-73 in a WAC opener Jan. 3 at Reno.
- Nevada beats Idaho 69-65
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne