Princeton beats Harvard, 77-71
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP)—Dan Mavraides had 10 of his team-high 21 points in the final 2:20 to lead Princeton to a 77-71 win over Harvard on Saturday.
Princeton (7-8, 2-0 Ivy League) made 5-of-7 shots from beyond the arc in the second half, including three treys by Mavraides and two by Doug Davis, who finished with 19 points.
Jeremy Lin led Harvard (9-9, 1-3 Ivy) with 27 points, six rebounds and four assists. He scored 14 straight points for Harvard during a seven-minute stretch in the second half.
Drew Housman added 15 points and six assists for Harvard.
The game was tied 32-32 at halftime.
Princeton took its first lead of the game, 35-32, on a 3-pointer by Davis a minute into the second half.
Zach Finley and Kareem Maddox led Princeton rebounders with five apiece.
- Princeton beats Harvard, 77-71
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case