Holland scores 21 as Boston U beats Hartford 72-47
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—John Holland led all scorers with 21 points to help Boston University defeat Hartford 72-47 on Saturday.
Holland also added seven rebounds and two assists for the Terriers (11-9, 6-2), who never trailed and led by as many as 26 in the second half.
Morgan Sabia led Hartford (6-17, 2-7) with 12 points, five rebounds and two blocks.
Boston had a 17-3 run over a seven-minute stretch early in the first half, then extended it to a 24-7 lead with 7:39 left in the half.
The Hawks never cut the deficit to single digits in the second half, getting only as close as 13 before the Terriers answered with scores on each ensuing possession.
The Terriers got 16 points from Jake O’Brien and 13 from Scott Brittain, who also added six rebounds and five blocks. Corey Lowe finished with 10 points, eight rebounds and eight assists.
Michael Turner pulled down a game-high nine rebounds for Hartford and added six points. Clayton Brothers, a freshman, added nine points off the bench for the Hawks.
- Mychal Thompson reacts to Klay Thompson's marijuana arrest
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network