Florida Atlantic sinks Louisiana-Lafayette 63-47
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP)—Paul Graham III scored 18 points and Florida Atlantic held Louisiana-Lafayette without a double-figure scorer in a 63-47 win on Saturday night, the Owls’ first Sun Belt Conference win of the season.
Brett Royster added 14 points and Shavar Rishcardson had 12 for the Owls (5-18, 1-10), who snapped a 13-game losing streak.
The Owls shot just 39.5 percent from the field (17 of 43) in the win, but the Ragin’ Cajuns (7-14, 4-6) hit 26.9 percent (18 of 67).
Florida Atlantic also hit 25 free throws versus nine for the Ragin’ Cajuns, along with going 4-for-8 from beyond the arc. Louisiana-Lafayette hit just 2 of 38 from 3-point range.
Louisiana-Lafayette’s Travis Bureau, who came in shooting 41.9 percent from beyond the arc, made just 1 of his 10 attempts from long range.
- Florida Atlantic sinks Louisiana-Lafayette 63-47
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark