St. Francis, NY scores 73-62 win over FDU
TEANECK, N.J. (AP)—Jamaal Womack had 24 points—including four 3-pointers— to lead St. Francis of New York to a 73-62 win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday night.
Ricky Cadell added 19 points and Stefan Perunicic had 11 for the Terriers (7-14, 5-6 in Northeast Conference). Alvin Mofunanya scored 18 points for the Knights (4-17, 4-7), while Cameron Tyler added 14 and Sean Baptiste finished with nine points and 10 rebounds.
The teams traded baskets early on, but the Terriers took command with a 12-2 run midway through the first half and led 38-27 at the break.
St. Francis then maintained double-digit leads for most of the second half, leading by as many as 19 points before FDU tried to rally late. Mofunanya’s layup with 5:14 left cut the lead to 59-50, but the Terriers then pulled away again with an 8-0 run that featured two of Womack’s 3-pointers.
- St. Francis, NY scores 73-62 win over FDU
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look