Coppin State holds off Delaware State 72-65
DOVER, Del. (AP)—Michael Harper scored 21 points to help Coppin State hold off Delaware State 72-65 on Saturday, ending a five-game losing streak to the Hornets.
The Eagles (6-15, 4-4 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) blew a 12-point lead early in the second half as Delaware State tied the score at 52-52 with 7:10 left.
Mike Buckley then scored 10 of his career-high 17 points with four baskets— two from beyond the 3-point line—from 3:47 to 1:34 to help Coppin State build a seven-point cushion.
The Eagles were 14-for-22 from the field in the second half (63.6 percent).
Harper scored in double figures for the sixth-straight game for Coppin State and made 5 of 9 3-pointers.
The Hornets (5-17, 3-4) failed in their bid to win two games in a row for the first time this season.
Frisco Sandidge led Delaware State with 16 points and Trevor Welcher added 15.
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim rips critical letter writer
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case