Charleston Southern beats Coastal Carolina 71-69
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Omar Carter scored 24 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Charleston Southern to a 71-69 win over Coastal Carolina on Saturday night.
Coastal Carolina led by one point at halftime, and at 33-32 early in the second, but trailed the rest of the way after J.T. Knight’s layup gave Charleston Southern (7-13, 2-7 Big South Conference) a 34-33 lead with 16:29 left.
The Chanticleers (9-13, 3-7) tied the scored at 57-57 with 7:15 left on Anthony Breeze’s free throw, but the Buccaneers went on a 13-5 run over the next five minutes to pull away. After a pair of Logan Johnson foul shots pulled the Chanticleers within one point with 1:14 to play, Austin Johnson’s free throw with one second left gave the Buccaneers their final margin.
Kelvin Martin added 14 points for the Buccaneers.
Joseph Harris led the Chanticleers with 14 points.
- Charleston Southern beats Coastal Carolina 71-69
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?